Kelly Lawler at USA Today previewed a new Netflix standup comedy special by Chris Rock called Tamborine, [sic] in which he openly disc...
"...everyone is bored,and devotes himself to cultivating habits..these habits are not peculiar to our town.." Albert Camus "The Plague"
Saturday, April 14, 2007
Sample of Statements Requiring a Purge of Talk Radio (According to Media Matters):
1. ____ called Rosie O'Donnell, co-host of ABC's The View, a "fat witch," claimed that O'Donnell has "blubber ... just pouring out of her eyes,
2. ____ claimed that there are three reasons that an illegal immigrant "comes across the border in the middle of the night": "One, they're terrorists; two, they're escaping the law; or three, they're hungry. They can't make a living in their own dirtbag country."
3. _____ said that McKinney's "new hair-do" makes her look "like a ghetto slut," like "an explosion at a Brillo pad factory," like "Tina Turner peeing on an electric fence," and like "a shih tzu.
4. _____ stated that if the country is faced with an impending national disaster, then "hell, yes, we should save the rich people first. You know, they're the ones that are responsible for this prosperity."
5._____ stated that "since [Sen. Barack] Obama [D-IL] has -- on his mother's side -- forebears of his mother had slaves, could we not say that if Obama wins the Democratic nomination and then wins the presidency, he will own [Rev.] Al Sharpton?"
6. _____ proclaimed: My "cat's taught me more about women, than anything my whole life" because his pet cat "comes to me when she wants to be fed," and "[s]he's smart enough to know she can't feed herself. She's actually [a] very smart cat. She gets loved. She gets adoration. She gets petted. She gets fed. And she doesn't have to do anything for it."
7. _____ stated that Virginia Beach Mayor Meyera Oberndorf "should be baking pies, not running a major city."
8. _____ agreed with a caller's assertion that illegal immigrants "bring corrupting influences" to the United States, including "a third-world value system" that "can corrupt the education system." _____ replied: "Absolutely. And that's why the dropout rate is so high."
9._____ played audio clips from Barbara Walters' interview with Venezuelan President Hugo Chavez, portions of which aired on the March 16 edition of ABC's Good Morning America, and called her a "double-talking slut." _____ added: "She's an empty mind-slut. She'd peddle anything for a ratings point." _____ went on to call Walters a "mental prostitute" and said, "I think that the woman is vermin. I think she's dirt."
10. _____ declared that "[t]he radical homosexual agenda will not stop until religion is outlawed in this county," adding that gay people "threaten your very survival." _____ also stated that homosexuals are "all not nice decorators" and warned: "Gay marriage is just the tip of the iceberg. They want full and total subjugation of this society to their agenda."
Have fun guessing who said these things that Media Matters finds so horrible. That group is leading the surge for the purge of talk radio. Note that there are no lefty commentators on their hit list. Oh, did you hear the Michelle Malkin / Malik Shabazz exchange on the O'Reilly show. Listen here for audio (5:27 MP3) of Michelle's interview with Malik Shabazz (2 days ago). Shabazz blames the "N" word on George Washington! Another audio here (5:25 MP3) with her interview with Opio Sokoni about rappers and the "N" word.
Tagged: Broadcast Censorship Politically Correct Speech Media Matters Bill O'Reilly Malik Shabazz Michelle Malkin