"...everyone is bored,and devotes himself to cultivating habits..these habits are not peculiar to our town.." Albert Camus "The Plague"

Monday, October 06, 2008

America, This is What a Feminist Looks Like!

A ringing endorsement of Sarah Palin from Los Angeles National Organization for Women (NOW) President Shelly Mandel:
Powerful endorsement folks! You Tube here; excerpts follow:



"I am happy to be here....I am speaking not on behalf of NOW but as an individual....I was there in 1984....for Geraldine Ferraro, and I am here today proud to support Sarah Palin....a woman who will fight for women's rights...a woman who will fight for the middle class, a woman, who Lord knows, will shake things up....I am a life long Democrat..I don't agree with Gov. Palin on several issues....she's gonna work on persuading John McCain on ANWAR and I'm gonna try persuading her on things of my own...but... I know Sarah Palin cares about woman's rights, she cares about equality, she cares about equal pay, she cares about children, and she cares about women's lives...she's an athlete and she knows what Title 9 did for girls like her...change must come to Washington and Sarah Palin has what it takes to lead that charge....I believe she is courageous..I believe she has integrity...and I know Sarah Palin is a reformer who will break up the old boy network....buck the system and get Washington back on our side...it is an honor to call her sister...America. this is what a feminist looks like!"
h/t RadioViceOnline
h/t wizbang
Tags:radioviceonline,sarah palin,shelly mandel,los angeles now,now,national organization for women,women's rights,john mccain,democrats for palin,palin feminist,campaign '08,women for palin

No comments: