"...everyone is bored,and devotes himself to cultivating habits..these habits are not peculiar to our town.." Albert Camus "The Plague"

Sunday, July 13, 2008

Famous Blue Burqa


And what can I tell you my brother, my killer
What can I possibly say?
I guess that I miss you, I guess I forgive you
Im glad you stood in my way.
(L Cohen: "Famous Blue Raincoat")

These unfortunate women were accused of prostituting themselves to U.S. military and American contractors and were dispatched by the Taliban.
The women, dressed in blue burqas, were shot and killed just outside Ghazni city in central Afghanistan, said Sayed Ismal, a spokesman for Ghazni's governor. He called the two "innocent local people".




Source: Breitbart
Tags: taliban murders,afghan war,prostitution,burqas,leonard cohen,famous blue raincoat,

No comments: